Frequently Asked Wedding Questions
What is the pricing for a Rosemont wedding?
Prices for your Rosemont wedding vary based on which type of venue package you choose, as well as the time of year of your wedding. With these options, your wedding venue at Rosemont can cost anywhere from $1,500 to $20,000 (not including catering). To see a description of our First Lady Packages and price ranges, click here.
What is the difference between the wedding packages?
Our First Lady Wedding Venue Packages are all named after Presidential First Ladies. These packages are delineated by: the day of the week of your wedding, whether or not you are reserving overnight accommodations at the manor, and the length of time that you would like use of the property. There are also some customized package options for small weddings (of up to 50 guests) and elopements (of up to 10 guests).
What is included with the full-weekend (Jackie Kennedy) wedding package at Rosemont Manor?
- Two nights accommodations including ten second-floor guest rooms and suites , checking in Friday after 4PM and departing Sunday by 11AM
- Two nights accommodations in the first-floor bridal suite
- Discounted room rates for Thursday arrivals or Monday departures for those guests wishing to extend their stay, based on availability
- Breakfast both mornings for guests staying in the main manor
- Rehearsal time on Friday evening
- Use of the Grand Portico or Rosemont Dining Room for your rehearsal dinner
- Use of the main manor Friday night for a meet & greet time with additional guests who are already in town
- Use of the studio for hair and make-up starting at 9AM Saturday morning
- Adequate parking for most events and assistance in arranging shuttle transportation to and from a central location if needed
- Use of your choice of locations on site for your wedding ceremony
- Use of the Garden Terrace for your cocktail hour, and our Carriage House for your reception (additional marquee tenting can be provided at additional cost)
- Professional and seasoned staff to support your facility requirements during your wedding festivities
- A complete listing of recommended vendors who provide auxiliary services such as floral arrangements, music, videography, photography, transportation, and overflow accommodations
Can I have my wedding on a Sunday at Rosemont Manor?
Yes. Sunday weddings are increasingly popular at Rosemont, both because there are a limited number of Saturdays available throughout the year, and because budgetary constraints may not permit reserving the Manor House for one of our Saturday packages. The Sunday (Mamie Eisenhower) package does not require the use of overnight accommodations, therefore reducing your wedding costs at beautiful Rosemont Manor. Please call us for additional information and available Sundays.
Can I have my wedding on a week day?
Week day weddings are also a great option for smaller budgets and more intimate, family weddings. Please call for more information.
Do you have tables/chairs/linens or do we have to rent them ourselves?
Up to 200 white ceremonial chairs are included in your venue package at no charge for your ceremony. For your reception, if your wedding has over 50 guests, the tables, chairs, and linens are provided by Celebrations Catering, and are delineated in the catering costs. For smaller weddings of less than 50 guests, Rosemont will provide these items.
How many hours can we rent the site?
The amount of time that you have access to the property, the main manor, the Carriage House, and the studio all vary with the package you choose. We are happy to discuss these details based on your particular needs. It is our experience that Rosemont offers significantly longer time frames for our wedding couples than do most venues in the greater Northern VA area.
What is your maximum capacity?
Rosemont is pleased to offer multiple options for both ceremony and reception sites, allowing for weddings of all “shapes and sizes”. We have hosted intimate elopements of just two people, all the way up to grand wedding galas with several hundred guests. For specific capacities of the various spaces at Rosemont, please contact us.
What contingencies do you have for the weather?
Because Rosemont has so many options for ceremony and reception sites, we can make last minute adjustments based on the weather. Suppose you plan to have your ceremony on the East Lawn, but it is raining. The Rosemont staff quickly and seamlessly moves the chairs and any other equipment up onto the covered Grand Portico. Likewise, if it’s too chilly for your cocktail hour outside, we can move it inside to the main floor of the manor. If a summer day calls for unusually high temperatures, why not move your ceremony from the sunny South Lawn to a cozy spot beneath the shade of one of our stately award-winning trees? Every weather event can be planned for and handled appropriately by our staff, so that you don’t have to worry about a thing.
Do you have a spot where the wedding party can get ready?
Rosemont wedding parties have several options for spots to prepare for the big event. The studio, complete with multiple make-up mirrors, a full bathroom, and plenty of room to spread out, is located just across from the Carriage House. Also, depending on your wedding package, you may have access to additional rooms in the main manor so that the groom/groomsmen and bride/bridesmaids each have their own space to dress.
Are there any additional services I can request for my wedding at Rosemont Manor?
Yes. We want your wedding at Rosemont to be one of the most memorable experiences of your life. If you have any special needs or requests, please let us know and we will do our best to bring your vision to life.
Some of our most popular additional services include:
- Complete in-house wedding planning and design to ensure that everything runs smoothly on your special day*
- On site tuxedo rentals including delivery and return to the main manor house on the estate grounds*
- Spa and massage therapy services in your own luxury suite*
- Salon services on site the day of your wedding*
- Valet parking services*
- Four estate cottages that offer additional overnight accommodations for your wedding guests*
- A bridal luncheon or tea, prior to the arrival of your guests *
- A light snack for you and your overnight guests, to tide you over until the reception dinner *
- Mimosa or Bloody Mary service
- Gown preservation after the celebration is over
- Late check-out and buffet brunch for you and your overnight guests (please be sure to check with us for availability) *
*Please note: The above services are offered at additional cost. Please contact us for rates and availability of additional services.
What are my options for catering?
Historic Rosemont Manor, in partnership with Celebrations Catering, is pleased to offer exceptional catering services for our guests. We proudly prepare a wide range of menu options designed to please even the most discerning palate. Our culinary staff can also easily provide for a variety of dietary needs.
You’d like a taste test before you decide on your menu? Our culinary staff will offer you several tasting dates before your wedding.
Can Rosemont Manor offer me a variety of options regarding the set-up and location of my ceremony and reception?
Rosemont’s spacious main Manor House, 60 acres of manicured grounds, and beautifully restored Carriage House offer an almost limitless array of options for your wedding festivities. We’ve had brides choose the breath-taking mountain views of the Grand Portico for their ceremony, while others have exchanged vows under one of our stately historic trees near the South Lawn. We’ve held festive receptions in the charming Carriage House, as well as in the Grand Foyer and adjoining rooms of the main Manor House. When you come for your tour, we can show you each and every special spot that we’ve discovered, and who knows? You may even find a perfect new spot that’s all your own!
Can Rosemont Manor recommend a wedding photographer, florist, or other wedding service vendor?
We have had the pleasure of working with fantastic wedding professionals involved in all aspects of the big event. Recommendations are not something that we take lightly, so you can rest assured that we will only suggest those vendors that we know are professional, reliable, and a cut above the rest.
Please also make sure to consider our in-house Wedding Coordination Services for your wedding planning and design needs. These experts know Rosemont inside and out and can make sure that all details, vendors, and plans run together seamlessly both before the big day and throughout the celebration.
How far in advance should I book my date?
Wedding dates at Rosemont fill up quickly, and it’s best to come for a visit as soon as you get engaged. Typically, most brides book their Rosemont wedding between 12 and 18 months prior to their date, but we have booked weddings as far as 2+ years out, and have also put together beautiful weddings in just a few weeks. Elopement packages are typically booked a few weeks in advance as well, but can be accommodated with very short notice, based on availability.
Can you hold a date for me?
We can hold a date for you when you receive your non-refundable “Hold-the-Date” deposit, payable by check.
What’s the next step for me to find out if Rosemont is the right venue for me?
The comment that we hear from brides over and over is that pictures and descriptions just don’t do Rosemont justice. With the historic, impeccably decorated Main Manor, the beautifully restored Carriage House, and 60-acre manicured grounds and mountain views, this is a place you need to see to believe. So come see us! Here’s what you can do:
- Call 703-TRY-LOVE to schedule a no-obligation tour at your convenience
- Attend one of our exclusive, FREE Mother-Daughter Bridal Teas just for engaged brides-to-be and their moms (if mom is not available, bring another special lady who is helping you plan). Call 703-TRY LOVE to find out when the next Mother-Daughter Tea is and to make your reservation.
- Send us an email at email@example.com to request more information or to ask any questions you may have about your special day!
We hope we’ve answered your FAQ about weddings! Didn’t get your question answered? Please give us a call!